Welcome to our blog! Due to our constant moving around we decided that we would like to use our blog as a means of keeping family and friends involved in our lives.
We will be updating it frequently so keep checking our blog and please leave comments so we know that you have visited!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April already...

I cannot believe that we have reached the middle of April already. Thomas has been on holidays from school for the past week, with one more week to go. The beginning of April saw in the death of my great uncle Alan Bell and I was able to attend the funeral held in Ipswich. The majority of the Bell family live in both Brisbane and Toowoomba so Matt and I have had the opportunity over the past few years to spend time with different members of the Bell family, along with Uncle Alan and Auntie Jen. Caitlin and Cameron (The Bells from Toowoomba) are also in Townsville so we have enjoyed hanging out with them this year.

The funeral service was lovely and it was great to spend time with the family and having a couple of days with mum and dad who met me in Brisbane. I enjoyed a couple of child free days and spent Sunday shopping with mum and grandma (who also happened to be in Brisbane!). I made the most of my time in Brisbane catching up with a few close friends for dinner on Sunday and again on Tuesday morning before I flew out. Matt booked business class flights for me which is a wonderful way to travel! I felt very spoiled despite the fact that I was in Brisbane for a funeral... and the freedom...!!

Meanwhile, Matt was at home maintaining the home front. When the news came through that Uncle Alan had passed away, arrangements were being made to attend the funeral. The question was raised 'Are you tempted to take Harry with you'.
Without hesitation the answer was 'NO! ...However, if you would like me to take him, I will. Would you like me to?'.
Hesitantly the response was, 'No... it's ok.'

My flight was at 6am and I had to leave by 5.15am. Matt asked me that morning, 'Should I take the kids to church?'
I replied, 'Of course! I would have taken them on my own last week except I was busy taking us all to the doctor. Anyway, all 3 of them are in kids church... It's easy!'

I arrive in Brisbane with a text message around 8.40am stating:
ITS SCHOOL HOLIDAYS - NO KIDS PROGRAMME

By 9am I receive another text message stating:
I DIDN'T BRING A BOTTLE FOR HARRY

I was picturing Matt totally unprepared for sitting in church with 3 little boys one of which would not even be tempted to sleep without a bottle! I must admit it was a funny moment for me and I was glad that it was not me in that situation for once!

The boys had a great couple of days with daddy and he kept them very busy. Sunday afternoon they had a video night followed by Monday morning at the ReefHQ aquarium and an afternoon at the Strand riding their bikes. Tuesday morning they were back at the strand for a swim and play at the water park before picking me up at the airport at 1pm.

Life returned to normal by Wednesday... Matt went back to work and I had 3 very tired little boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course I voted girl!!! It was so great catching up with you Rach, we should do it again some time!! love Ang