Welcome to our blog! Due to our constant moving around we decided that we would like to use our blog as a means of keeping family and friends involved in our lives.
We will be updating it frequently so keep checking our blog and please leave comments so we know that you have visited!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Its been a while...

In the last two months we have had visits from all the grandparents and all the great grandparents! The boys have had a wonderful time having so many grandparents visiting and Thomas has enjoyed having them visit at pre prep. In amongst the visits we have also had Matt away on various trips including a week on 'Adventurous Training' - sea kayaking around the Whitsundays. Hmmmm... and they say its a tough life in the Army (certainly not for the men!!).

Although I jokingly said I would pray for stormy weather (and I promise I did not!), the guys did have a few scary moments kayaking in 2m waves and consequently couldn't make it to the famous sandy shores of Whitehaven beach for a night of camping due to the weather.
Matt came home quite stiff and sore, however, unfortunately for him there was no compassion on my part - my week was spent with one sick child and extremely difficult behaviour from all 3 children as they tried to deal with the changes of people coming and going!



I took the opportunity while my mum and dad were visiting to spend a morning with Thomas at pre-prep. The class has been learning about countries around the world so Thomas and I did a presentation on Finland. Thomas was very proud wearing his 'Suomi' jumper and showed the class where Finland was on the world map. Thomas unfortunately came home with temperatures that day and had to take the following day off school. By Wednesday he was much brighter and ready for 'dress-up day' for book week. Thomas enjoyed being spiderman for the day!



Matt was in Pucka this week and apparently this is the final trip before the baby arrives (we'll believe that when it happens!). And what of course should happen while he is away ?? Yep, another sick child! Harry had a slight temperature on the day Matt was leaving and as the days progressed so did his sickness. Not thinking he had anything much I left it until 3 sleepless nights of runny nose, coughing and wheezing before I thought we might spend a night hospital with asthma or something similar. The following morning I decided he needed to see a doctor! (I don't think I get to be mum of the year with this one!). As it turns out he has quite a severe ear infection and sore throat. He is now on antibiotics and is spending the day catching up on some sleep.

Matt is home now and has taken today off so we are now enjoying having some family time. We have 6 weeks before the baby is due and so far this baby has spent most of its time doing somersaults! I think the baby is smaller than the boys were as it is still turning and kicking in strange places! I am looking forward to the arrival of this baby and hoping it doesn't decide to arrive the week Matt is going in for the snip!



This photo was taken around 28weeks. I am certainly much bigger than that now!

No comments: