Welcome to our blog! Due to our constant moving around we decided that we would like to use our blog as a means of keeping family and friends involved in our lives.
We will be updating it frequently so keep checking our blog and please leave comments so we know that you have visited!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A father's day birthday weekend...

...including the school family fair followed by father's night at pre-prep!

Matt and I had been debating who got to have breakfast in bed on Sunday 7th September. I voted we should just go out for breakfast but with Matt away and sick children the week prior we never actually got a chance to discuss the matter any further. On Saturday morning I decided that we should give daddy his breakfast in bed given that the boys and I were already up... that way I could be assured some special treatment on my birthday!



The boys were very excited to give daddy some special presents and especially Thomas who had made some biscuits for daddy at pre-prep, along with some other lovely goodies. Daddy received his favourite breakfast of scrambled eggs and a macchiatto coffee to kick start his day.

I was off to a baby shower that morning so Matt was on daddy duty for the morning while I enjoyed playing baby shower games and eating a scrumptious lunch!

In the afternoon we headed off to Annandale Christian School Family Fair. The pre preps organised a 'Stretch a Python' stall where you had to see how far you could stretch a python lolly. Thomas had a great time with daddy while they manned the stall for half an hour. By the afternoon it was very hot and the pythons didn't stretch as far as they had in the morning! There were also guessing jars filled with jaffas, smarties and other delights. We discovered on Monday morning that Thomas and daddy had guessed the number of jaffas so we won the two huge jars full!

Although totally orchestrated by me to make sure I got breakfast in bed... the boys did not disappoint when they appeared on Sunday morning with a tray full of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup - my favourite treat! Plus of course a master made coffee delivered by the best barrister in town! They showered me with lovely pampering gifts and we finished the day with fish and chips at the Strand. Our day was complete after a yummy black forest cheesecake - Thanks Matt!

No comments: